Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Romeo and Juliet

While we were in London we went to see the Romeo and Juliet ballet at the Royal Opera House. It was one of the most beautiful ballets I have ever seen. To me, the Romeo and Juliet story is very macabre and lovely. I have always loved this story and although it has a sad ending it is still one of my all time favorites. One of my favorite movies is the old school one with Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting. I remember seeing that film as a kid and falling head over heels for Leonard Whiting. I also really dig the Baz Luhrmann version of the film from the 90's. I use to want to be Claire Danes and have cool angel wings like hers in the film. It was a dream come true to be able to see the ballet with my husband. We had a nice dinner with complete with champagne. It was one of most amazing venues I have ever been at. To me it will always be such a timeless, perfect, tragic tale.



























No comments:

Post a Comment