Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sweeney Todd performed by Theatre Works

I met up with friends to catch Sweeney Todd. I have seen it performed before and I loved it. This was by far the best performance I have seen. Theater Works did an amazing job. Great acting, casting and lovely set design. One of my favorite things was how they incorporated war time into the story so well complete with fun signs that read the audience needed gas masks before stepping into the performance. The explosions and lighting were incredibly cool and made you feel like you stepped into chaos and magic.  The acting and singing were superb. Like I've mentioned before if you haven't yet seen Sweeney Todd performed please do so. It is one of the most gothic, horror, tragic love musicals I have seen. I always enjoy it.






No comments:

Post a Comment