Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Goth in Hawaii

Recently I traveled to Hawaii. I am still here and I love it so much. A few people scoffed when I told them I was going to Hawaii saying there probably weren't any goths or alternative people there. They couldn't be more wrong. There are more alternative, tattooed and gothic type people including surfers with a gothy side than I have ever seen anywhere except for London haha. So many rad piercing, tattoo places and incredibly cool Japanese fashions. If you have sworn off Hawaii try opening your mind a bit. Not every month is crazy heat if anything California sometimes gets more heat unless you live near the coast like me :D Hawaii is absolutely beautiful in May and it has not reached peak temperatures yet so if you want to save some cash on your flight and not get all burnt up try going during May. July is more of the peak tourist season there and it is a lot less crowded in May.

    For vegetarians and vegans there are more than enough vegan eats on the island. Just make sure what you order isn't made with fish sauce. There are plenty of free things to do in Honolulu like hiking Diamond Head, hiking Manoa Falls or going to see free hula shows. Places like the ABC stores have a lot of affordable gifts that you can get for family and friends. I recently did a stint on my youtube vlog talking about my gothic essentials for travel to tropical places. Don't forget your sunscreen and parasols my lovely gothlings. Honestly though right now in California is hotter than Hawaii so you should be good in May :D










The shave ice is amazing! make sure you get it without condensed milk if you are allergic to dairy or vegan. It tastes just fine with just the flavoring on top. 























After conquering Manoa Falls hike! :D 









Vegan brownie and Gluten Free mochi at Loving Hut.







Cool and hip China Town. 

Vegan cookie sundae

Vegan BLT

Vegan chili cheese nachos






In front of Iolani Palace. So beautiful and regal.


No comments:

Post a Comment