Monday, December 16, 2013

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

My friends and I really enjoyed the Desolation of Smaug. I came donned in my elven tunic, gray undershirt and elf ears to portray a Silvan elf. One guy nodded at me when he saw me walking. It was pretty funny. Over all we really enjoyed the film quite a bit. To critics who are bothered that there is a female elf written into the film that wasn't in the book. Keep this in mind: The books were written in a more patriarchal time and I found it actually refreshing that they had a strong female heroine. I enjoyed Tauriel and found her a wonderful addition to the Hobbit films. There were woodland elves mentioned in the books and I thought it was really cool that there was more elaboration and imagination bringing someone like Tauriel into the story. We really loved the portrayal of Smaug, the dragon. It was super fun to watch. One of my favorite things about the film was the eventual camaraderie between the Hobbits and other species of beings in the film. It was on the long side like the first Hobbit film but the pace was picked up much faster and better. I recommend this movie to friends and others. You are in for a heart pounding, fun ride!




I wore these adorable elven ears I found on etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment