Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter Solstice celebration

I met up with group and we had a Tim Burton movie themed night for a small winter solstice celebration. It was so nice to hang with all of you. My friends brought me some really lovely gifts and we had delicious sparkling wines and food. I try to do a celebration every winter solstice. It is one of my favorite times of the year.



My friend made this lovely Tim Burton scarf for me. I love it so much!! It went with the theme of our movie night. We watched Nightmare before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands.

I got to use my new bat wine stopper. This stuff was delicious! I had several glasses!! :D 

Game of Thrones beer. Yessss!!! 


My husband's home made salsa. 











2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea for a celebration! We had summer solistice here, it was about 40 degrees celcius with no breeze, I could not move, sat in front of a fan all day nearly dying, so I am very jealous of you having winter and a lovely celebration, with lovely clothes! I love the Tim Burton shirt and the one with the tentacle monster and the top hat. the only thing is, I think you should teach your dog to wear hats (full size or mini) because Steampunk and Goth animals are the cutest thing ever! I tried to put a mini hat on my bird, he screamed like I was going to kill him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is such a great and cute idea!! I will try and get my pup to wear a hat haha one time she wore glasses and looked super cute. We try to do a solstice celebration every year. We just had a few snacks and pizza but usually we make some sort of stew and roasted veggies. Thank you for the compliments. It is so fun to dress up. I sometimes get stuck wearing the same favorite things for ages so I like to switch it up all the time with different outfits or even borrow my friend's clothes and vice versa. We do clothing swaps. I love those!! I am organizing one soon with my gothic group in the near future.

    ReplyDelete