I think quite a few flavored coffees in the stores are too sweet and not very healthy so I always make my own. You not only save money but also you get better quality coffee. There are a few places that make good flavored drinks but most of them are not for me. If I go to a cafe' I prefer a simple coffee or maybe vanilla or almond soy or almond latte, soy cappuccino if I feel fancy. Here I show you how I made one of my favorite drinks for the fall.
To make: brew espresso shots or 1 cup of medium to strong coffee, heat flavored milk on stove top or if you want it cooler you can just pour it in. Pour a generous portion in coffee mug with coffee
What you will need:
1. Pumpkin flavored coffee or regular coffee and pumkin syrup
(if you want it sweet... I tend to not want things overly sweet so I usually won't opt for syrup)
They have a great pumpkin flavor coffee at World Market. Looove that place!
2. Vegan/non dairy whip ( you can easily find this at a place like Whole Foods)
3. Espresso machine or if you don't have one just brew a strong cup of coffee
4. Vanilla almond milk or vanilla soy milk (if you are using flavored syrup I'd advise you to opt for non sweet almond or soy milk as it can get too sweet.)
5. Cinnamon or even nutmeg if you wish.
( about a few tablespoons or more if you like it more milky.), add a dollop of vegan whip cream and top with a pinch of spices : cinnamon or nutmeg, or both! and voila!
This latte seriously cuts calories and junk out where fast coffee places would add so many additives. Not to knock cafe's who have them! I mean once in a while a sweet coffee is fun but for those of us that get a bit ill or want to be more healthy it is cool to make your own. It also saves me so much money. I mean a cup that you make for yourself can cost less than a dollar while one flavored latte depending on the size can go anywhere from three dollars to five bux! Save some of that cash for that gothic necklace or tights you've been eyeing. Just saying ;)