Sunday, October 11, 2015

Gothic cemetery/studio birthday

I love Studio Bon Giorno. My friend Phil owns the studio and I decided to rent it out for my birthday to celebrate with a bunch of my awesome friends. I met Phil and his studio through a member and friend in my goth meetup. His studio and the art there have many gothic elements to it and it truly is a wonderful place to be. I made it a goth cemetery/studio birthday. We all hung out at the studio for gothic goodies and wine then made our way over to the cemetery walk. It is so lovely at the cemetery across the street from Studio Bongiorno. Friends and I visit there often. It was special to us because some of my goth member's relatives are buried there as well. It was a nice over cast day. Towards the end it got a bit sunny but we managed. My family found bats at Williams Sonoma. I'm vegan so I did not eat any but we ordered non dairy pizza for me and there were plenty of hummus and veggies for me to snack on. I had a gluten free, vegan cake. It was decorated with marshmallows which I dont eat so I took them off. I hope my family finds vegan ghost marshmallows next year lolz The decor was simple since there was already so many gothic elements in the studio.

   Phil let me pick some awesome gothic classics plus some metal like my favorite musicians Rob Zombie and Finntroll. It was awesome to have such dark aesthetics and get to listen to a rad sound track. My husband prepped the veggies since he is a chef. (I'm so lucky hehe) and my family helped me set up for my guests. My maid of honor from my wedding who also happens to be a professional photographer was there to take photos. She surprised me with that and between her and my guests we got some amazing photos.

 We had so much fun! If you ever want to try something different try asking your local art studios about renting out the space for your projects or events. Most of them are really chill about it plus you can support a great local business! :D























No comments:

Post a Comment