Sunday, June 14, 2015

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie night

    For the Goblet of Fire movie night since it focused on the tri wizard tournament I created my house into a big Hogwart's dormitory. It was a lot of fun to do and it wasn't very hard since I have quite a few witchcraft books , capes and candles lying around. I decided to use them for decorations and to add a little extra wizard flare. I went to Rocket Fizz in Palo Alto to pick up Harry Potter themed candies like chocolate frogs and candy slugs among other things. I passed out business cards to some of my favorite gothic style shops as well. Guests dined on healthy snacks and dips, gluten free pizza and I served organic, sparkling juice with labels like "polyjuice potion."






























      To add a bit more of Hogwart's dorm life I placed capes around and socks with different houses on them like Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Gryffindor etc. I also placed their uniforms on hangers and hung them beside brooms and scarves. I put Harry's tie on the mantle piece, Luna Love good's radish earrings and glasses on the table beside the candy. I created an atmosphere to look like young wizards were relaxing after a long study session to cram for their potion's tests the next day. It was a lot of fun and hopefully you can draw some inspiration from my decorations.




No comments:

Post a Comment