Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Neil Gaiman: The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains

Neil Gaiman is my favorite author of all time as many of you know so I was elated to have the privilege of seeing him again recently. We met up with friends in San Francisco and we watched Neil Gaiman speak and also read his book The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains to a string quartet. It was one of the most magical experiences I ever had. So beautiful and perfect in every way. I love the dark beauty to his writing. It literally transports me to a different place. It was wonderful because they had the art work images on a large screen while the music was playing and Neil read. Afterwards we were extremely lucky to have him welcome his illustrator for the book, Eddie Campbell out on stage. It was a pleasant surprise and I was so happy to be there. Truly a magical evening.














No comments:

Post a Comment