Friday, April 19, 2013

New movie, music and book haul

Recently I did a big haul on Amazon. I love it because you can find cds, books and other stuff for a lot cheaper. If you want new items you can purchase those but you can also do what I do and get deals on things. I find books and cds for sometimes less than a dollar and all I pay is shipping and handling with all the taxes and shipping fees going up it is a great idea to try and scout out used things. Here are some of the items that I got.

This book is one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I was so lucky to find this. Unfortunately the  book with this particular artwork is not being sold anymore. Stephen Gammell's art is what makes the book so wonderfully spooky and interesting. If you look on ebay or amazon however you can still find a few of the original books. Be willing to pay a tiny bit more for your childhood nostalgia because they are priced a bit higher due to the rare findings. If you are willing to wait though sometimes you can still find a copy that isn't too pricey.


I own so much Joy Division, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees but once in  a while I'm in the mood for a good compilation. If you don't mind having a cd mixed for you I recommend these. I found these on both ebay and amazon. You can get them for cheap if you look for used.
These are pretty rad. If you love Dark Wave and ambient type music plus industrial like I do than these finds will be right up your ally! It's also perfect for people who may be new to the gothic scene and just want to check some interesting gothic music out. 

When I was a kid I loved this story.  This is a newer version with Bridgette Fonda. I think from 2002? I love fantasy and  who doesn't like Bridgette Fonda as a fantastical snow queen. 
When I'm in the mood for some fun tunes I listen to this. Remember you can get cds for super cheap  on ebay or amazon and if you don't want to pay the shipping cost you can always stop by your local Rasputins or other used records/cd store nearby. Even used book stores carry music. 


Ahaha! I have a confession to make I love all the crow movies and series.. as cheesy and ridiculous as it sounds. I don't care. Everyone has their vices folks.  I like to curl up with some soy chai and watch until my little gothic heart is content. My boyfriend and I  even own the crow rings.

I admit to owning multiple copies of this movie. You just can't get enough Rocky Horror! and Tim Curry is so yummy in this. I also picked up a funny audience participation guide for my friend since he's a Rocky virgin haha. I can't wait to take him to his first show! I don't even know how many shows I have been to. One of my favorite ways to spend an evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment